Top Ten Rooftop Bars in Manhattan
What could be better than sitting atop an iconic skyline taking in all the bright lights this big city has to offer? With a frosty libation in hand? Not much! Tis the season to search for the perfect vantage point to take it all in. The truth is that there are scads of locales that may suit your fancy in the borough of Manhattan. Whether you’re visiting or ready to relocate to the Big Apple, reaching the summit of your perfect rooftop respite is a journey worth taking.
Awaiting the perfect elevated outdoor spot to toast to the summer? Read on for a few hotspots worth considering.
Best Rooftop Bars in the Borough
This borough isn’t wanting for places to grab a cold one or enjoy some nightlife, but you may want to consider a cocktail from these great heights:
- JIMMY SoHo
- Enjoy an uninterrupted view of the unmatched Manhattan skyline as you recline poolside in this SoHo rooftop spot. In addition to the global flavors of the bar grub, you’ll find adventurous cocktails to suit your mood and your look. You can also choose between indoor or outdoor seating to suit your preferences.
- The Press Lounge at the Klimpton Hotel
- As the dress code is a slight step up from casual, you’ll likely see plenty of 9-5’ers frequent this rooftop sanctuary after the workday is done. And who wouldn’t want to spend the evening hours poolside. Enjoy local wines and specialty cocktails as you admire the view year-round (but call ahead to make sure you can visit, there are often reserved events taking place!).
- Somewhere Nowhere NYC
- You’ll be enchanted by this 2-story secret garden-themed rooftop lounge in Chelsea. Located on the 38th and 39th floor of the Renaissance NY Chelsea Hotel, you’ll be high above it all enjoying themed soirees, pool parties (yes, there’s a pool on the rooftop), and live DJs from both near and far.
- The Skylark NYC
- Reservations are encouraged at this classic Times Square spot. And it’s no wonder why: the views are breathtaking. You’ll be able to take a gander at the Empire State Building, Hudson Yards, the Chrysler Building, among others. This scene is popular with the after-5er’s of the white-collar variety as well.
- Panorama Room
- Seeking rooftop space from a unique vantage point? Take yourself to the top of the Graduate Hotel in Roosevelt Island. The Hotel’s Panorama Room takes a new angle on classic style. Don’t take our word for it, check out their extensive martini menu for yourself!
- Twenty-six floors up and you’ll find yourself peering out of some cathedral-esque windows behind the bar of this lounge. Step outside and take an elevated seat next to the East River and the famed NYC skyline from Midtown East. Come for the fine cuisine, stay for the craft cocktails.
- The Ready Rooftop
- Looking for a backyard BBQ vibe without having to be the host (or have a backyard)? This rooftop bar has the right energy for having a chill night with friends. String lights and funky seating invite you to crack open a cold one or sip on a cocktail — your choice.
- Magic Hour Rooftop Bar & Lounge
- For an instantly Instagrammable night out, you’ll definitely want to post up at Magic Hour on the 18th floor of the Moxy Times Square Hotel in Midtown West. Flanked with pastel floral arrangements, glittery disco balls, and comestibles you can help but snap pics of, you’ll have a night you won’t soon forget (because you had to document it all on social media). But, they are known to change up their interior style, so it’ll be another reason to keep it this spot on your summertime libation rotation.
- Gallow Green
- Ready to be transported out of the hustle and bustle of the cityscape? Then this garden oasis rooftop, draped in greenery, is the breath of fresh air you’ve been looking for. Located at the McKittrick Hotel, you can sip botanical-inspired refreshments and even warm yourself by the fire pit if the summer night turns a little breezy.
- 230 Fifth
- This spot is said to be the biggest of them all… in terms of indoor-outdoor lounges. With a lounge so large, the good news is that if you want to keep a gathering more intimate, without obstructing the views, you can reserve an igloo for you and your pals! And, what’s more on-brand than enjoying frozen drinks in a frozen-inspired shelter? Basically, this place has it all. And them some, because there’s always fun events happening on-site. (largest outdoor bar in NY)
These elevated libation locations are enough to make anyone want to relocate to NYC. If you find yourself ready to make a move, make sure you’re working Piece of Cake Moving and Storage. Our NYC moving expertise extends from our moving coordinators to our professional movers on the ground. We’re a phone call away 24/7/365 to help you plan your move to the city. And, to make sure you’ve got plenty of site-seeing funds to spare in your new hometown, we offer a flat fee guarantee. This means you’ll have no surprises when it comes to your bill. Save yourself time, money, and headaches so you can get to making memories adjacent to some of the most spectacular city views in the world.
Ready to make a move? Get in touch today for an obligation-free guaranteed flat price moving quote.