Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC Product and Service Terms & Conditions
By paying your Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC services deposit you agree to be bound by Piece of Cake Moving & Storage‘s Product and Services Terms & Conditions. You can review the most current version of our Product and Service Terms & Conditions at any time on this page. Your paid deposit date adheres to the terms and conditions on said date of your paid deposit. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service. It is your responsibility to check and be aware of all Terms and Conditions.
Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC Product and Service Terms & Conditions, last updated Thursday the 13th May 2020.
1. Cost of service & payment terms
- To secure your move date, binding quote flat rate fee and your requested moving services, a $50 dollar deposit is required on booking.
- You have 2 days to pay your deposit without your move date and binding quote flat rate fee being subject to availability and change. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC reserves the right to change the original quoted flat rate fee on the customers requested services if the customer does not pay their deposit in 2 days. The flat rate fee is subject to change due to peak moving days, customer time window request and availability.
- If your quoted move is greater than $3,000 dollars a 10% deposit of your total quoted moving fee is required on booking to secure your move date and your requested moving services.
- All deposit payments are to be paid electronically via the secure payment link shared with you, or over the phone. We accept all major credit/debit cards, Master Card, AMEX and Discovery.
- Your deposit is fully refundable up to 1 business day prior to your move day if you request in writing via email that you wish to cancel your services with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC. Allow for 5 business days for the process for Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC to refund your deposit. For example if your move day is on a Wednesday and you would like to cancel your move you must cancel on Monday afternoon to have your deposit fully refunded. If you cancel on the Tuesday which is the business day prior to your move your deposit will not be refunded. For Saturday and Sunday moving dates Thursday close of business is the cutoff to cancel and be fully refunded the deposit amount.
- If you request a refund either the day of your move, or within 1 business day before your move date, you will not be refunded your deposit.
Outstanding balance payment
- The remaining balance of your invoice is due 1 business day prior to your move date. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC can not move you unless the remaining balance of your invoice has been received.
- We accept cash, bank check and all major credit, visa and debit cards for the remaining balance of your invoice.
- If you have opted to pay cash or check on the day of your move you must in writing notify Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC when you receive your invoice and or during the booking process.
- You must provide the total outstanding balance in cash or check to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC foreman on arrival. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not begin moving and loading the truck with your belongings unless cash or check payment has been made first.
- If any outstanding payment is not made a third party debt collector will be contacted and this may impact your credit score.
Cancellations and Moving Date Changes
- To cancel your move and requested Piece of Cake Moving & Storage service, a minimum period of notice of no less than 1 business day prior to your move date is required in order for you to obtain a full refund of your deposit and avoid additional penalties.
- To reschedule your move date or requested Piece of Cake Moving & Storage service, we require a minimum period of notice of 1 business day prior to your booked move date, penalties will apply if we are not informed within these guidelines of our rescheduling date.
- Peak periods require additional notice for rescheduling. All moving and storage services booked between the 25th to the 31st of any month, and the 1st to the 2nd of any month are subject to a penalty of 100% of the total price if the rescheduling and cancellation notice is not provided within 3 business days of the original move date.
- If on the day of your move, you have more items that are not reflected on your quoted and original inventory list you will be provided with an updated quote for moving the additional items. For Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC to move your additional items you will be required to review your updated quote and will be charged an additional moving fee for those items.
- We tolerate UP TO +/- 5% discrepancy in the inventory list on the day of the move however if there is a significant number of additional items and large items that were not quoted for, our moving crew will inform you and will contact a Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC Sales Representative to quote and charge for the additional items.
- Payment for the additional items can be made over the phone, we accept all major credit, visa and debit cards.
- If payment for the additional items will be using cash or bank check, payment must be made prior to the move beginning.
- We cannot move your additional items unless that additional item fee is paid at that time for your additional items.
- If there is no parking within 150 feet of the entrance of the pickup and drop off locations an excessive carrying and pushing fee is applicable depending on volume and distance. The moving crew will advise the customer of this and inform the moving consultant who booked this service for the customer to charge the additional fee, this depends on the volume of your move, with the maximum fee of $300.
- Payment of parking tickets are the responsibility of Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC.
- In a jurisdiction where a customer can obtain a parking permit prior to the move, Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will inform the customer on how they can do so, for a small fee which will be paid to their local government. This is applicable for New Jersey and Hoboken. The customer will be responsible for fulfilling this requirement and completing the process with the appropriate local government authorities.
- if the drop off destination is correctly provided at the time of booking, your guaranteed flat rate fee includes fuel and mileage. For any additional 10 miles Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has to travel to complete services that were not originally account for an additional fuel and mileage fee will be applied.
Promotional Codes and Discounts
- Promotional codes, discounts and coupons need to be redeemed with a Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC Sales Representative prior to your finalized quote in order for them to be accepted. Your quote will reflect the applied discount.
- Promotional codes, discounts and coupons are not applicable to your finalized quote. You cannot apply for promotional codes, discounts and coupons after you have received your quote.
- The only exception to a discount on a quote is a comparable competitor quote. The quote of the competitor must be emailed with supporting documentation to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC. If the services are like to like, and the quote is legitimate from an equal size organization Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will aim to match or beat the competitors quote. There is no guarantee that Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will match or provide a discount. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will determine what is a comparable quote and what discount to provide.
Cost of Service
- Costs of our services are subject to change if the date or time of reservation is changed by the customer.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC requires 1 business day of notice for the rescheduling and cancellation of moving materials delivery and pickup (boxes, bins, packing materials). A failure to meet these requirements will attract a penalty of $50.
- The total quoted cost of services includes blankets and tape for furniture protection, dollies for the duration of the move, fuel, mileage & tolls charges.
- Additional waiting time charges may be applicable if there are any delays caused by the customer or building’s management.
2. Customer responsibility and expectations
- The customer or his/her legal representative (a power of attorney must be provided prior to the move) MUST BE present at all times of the move. If not, the customer MUST ACKNOWLEDGE in writing prior to the move that Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will NOT be responsible for any claims regarding the forgotten, misplaced, damaged, lost items or any such claims from buildings management.
- All furniture must be emptied by the customer prior to the move. Such as dressers, draws, fridge and freezer. The only exception where furniture items do not have to be emptied is if the customer has elected and is paying for Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC packing services. If a customer has elected packing services Fridge, Freezer and Perishable goods must be packed by the customer under food & safety requirements. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be held liable or responsible for any sickness, damages or death due to food poisoning.
- Customers must unplug any electronic components and items; our moving crew will not unplug or install any electronic components.
- If the customer has decided to pack their own items they must do so in durable boxes and packing material appropriate for transportation.
- Food and perishable items can only be moved locally in a moving box pack by the customer. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not liable for food safety. If a customer has elected packing services Fridge, Freezer and Perishable goods must be packed by the customer under food & safety requirements. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be held liable or responsible for any sickness, damages or death due to food poisoning.
- Pets and Live animals will not be moved by Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC
- House small to medium sized Live plants will be moved Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide accurate descriptions of plant size and weight during the booking process.
- If you have a waterbed, we will be glad to move it. However, we are not waterbed technicians. We will follow your instructions, but you must make a final inspection before our crew leaves. We will not send men out for later adjustments. If you prefer to have a waterbed company move your bed, please make those arrangements.
- We only move empty aquariums. (This means empty of water, and also empty of creatures such as lizards, turtles and snakes.)
- In the event you pack your own glass, porcelain, ceramics, etc. yourself, we will move them carefully, however we will not be responsible for breakage and/or resulting damage to packed and unpacked fragile items. If you wish to have fragile items packed in order that they will be covered by basic or increased insurance, you will be charged for packing and materials. If you decline additional materials we will move the items but you will be asked to sign a waiver.
- Our moving personnel will move your pianos, appliances, and items over 300 lbs, if the work can be done safely. It is the moving foreman’s discretion to make this decision when assessing these items, the space and location of the move out and move in address.
- The customer is responsible for signing the “Bill of Lading” at the time of pick up and the time of delivery, both stages of the move.
- Conditions of all TVs are to be signed for at the pick and drop off location. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC movers will test TV function by turning on and switching channels at both addresses, the customer is required to sign that the TV works or does not work at pick or drop locations.
- Please follow the link below from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association on your rights and responsibilities
3. Insurance and valuation coverage for customer belongings
- Your belongings will be covered with free BASIC coverage of $0.60 cents per pound per article (item) by default as required by the Department of Transportation, New York.
- If you would like to purchase the optional Declared Value Protection you can do so here movinginsurance.com Any additional coverage with our 3rd party insurance company movinginsurance.com MUST be purchased at least 48 hours prior to the move and CANNOT be added on under any circumstances the day of the move or post the move.
- It is your responsibility to purchase this additional insurance. If you have a high value item we strongly suggest you purchase 3rd party insurance as we are only liable to pay $0.60 cents per pound per item if the item is damaged.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC may request additional fees if you have nominated for 3rd party insurance for your items to ensure our moving and packing supplies match the value of your items.
- We need a minimum 3 business days for any wooden crate or bespoke packing containers to be created for your valuables.
4. Building Insurance – COI (Certificate of Liability Insurance)
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will provide customers who have booked their move and paid for their service in full with a Certificate of Insurance COI if it is required by your buildings’ management to perform a move, through our 3rd party insurance provider.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain the requirements from building management, provide them to us via email prior to their move, and to notify Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC if their pickup or drop off address requires a COI.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has the right to refuse to move the customer or charge an additional fee if we arrive at the pick up or drop off location and the customer did not provide COI information prior to the move day.
5. Claim and Refunds
- Our aim is to resolve any claim as soon as possible when receiving your Piece of Cake Moving & Storage claims submission form, images and relevant documentation regarding your claim.
- You have 90 days from the date of move/delivery (or in the event of loss for the entire shipment, from the date your shipment should have been delivered) to file your claim. If you fail to file a claim within 90 days from your moving date Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be held liable for any damages or liabilities.
- The claim must be submitted in writing to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC. After you submit your claim, Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has 30 days to acknowledge receipt of your claim. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has 120 days to provide you with a disposition. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is entitled to 60-day extensions if the claim cannot be processed or disposed of within 120 days.
- If you have a claim to make, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Once you submit your Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC claim form, you will be emailed a copy of the form for your own records.
- A claim cannot usually be resolved immediately and may take some time before items can be inspected and repaired or replaced. We appreciate your cooperation and patience in this process. You can expect the following from the process:
- We take your feedback and claims very seriously. Once we have received all the information regarding your claim including any supporting pictures or evidence our claims team will be in touch to begin investigating your claim.
- Your appointed contact in our claims department will be your key contact as we resolve your claim. They email and call you as we make progress and find a fair resolution as quickly as possible.
- We will present you with a fair and considered settlement offer. If you accept the offer we will compensate you accordingly. If our offer is not accepted we will work with an independent arbitrator where appropriate.
6. Safety of Moving Crews and Customers
- All Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC moving personnel crews have undergone 2 weeks of intensive moving training which covers job safety, packing and unpacking, lifting, securing items, safe driving and customer service training.
- Our moving personnel are covered by third party works compensation insurance which Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC covers by New York State Law.
- Customers are advised not to get involved in the carrying of items which they are paying for the services of Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC to do so. If a customer lifts an item and becomes injured, they do so with their own risk. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not liable for any claims and damages that a customer causes themselves during their move.
- Customers are expected to treat Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC moving personnel crews respectfully. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC reserves the right to stop a move if a customer is harassing Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC moving personnel.
7. Contactless Moving Services
- In the situation that a customer or his/her legal representative can not be present during the physical process of their move day they are required during the booking process to inform Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC that they will not be present. It should be noted that ‘contactless moving’ differs from ‘moving at a distance’, where 6 feet minimum distance is required during the COVID 19 Pandemic, between you and your movers. Contactless moving is where no point of contact for a customer is on site, at the time of the removal and delivery of belongings.
- To proceed with booking a contactless moving service with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC the customer must sign a liability waiver to hold no damages to properties or belongings against Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC.
- The customer must make themselves available online during their move day to take phone and video calls with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC moving personnel to view their move day and completed move.
- The customer is required to sign their bill of lading electronically to acknowledge the accurate loading and completion of their move with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC.
8. Long Distance Moving Services
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC provides the following long distance moving service options 1) Consolidated shipping 2) Individual delivery.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC reserves the right to use a third party insured long distance moving provider to ship and move your items to your drop off location depending on the distance of your move.
- If a third party long distance carrier is completing the shipment and drop off of your long distance move, all communication for long distance moves will be held with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC who will liaise with the carrier on your behalf.
- If any claim may arise during your long distance move where a third party long distance carrier was involved you must submit your claim to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC for handling, in accordance with our claims processes and procedures.
- Consolidated Shipping: Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will pick up items on the pick up date and time agreed upon reservation. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will reload items in third party carriers’ long distance trailers to ship and move your items to your drop off location. Multiple customer items may be packed in one trailer.
- Piece of Cake aims to deliver shipment in the delivery window as noted on your booking confirmation email. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will provide two updates on the shipments expected delivery date, once the carrier leaves the pick up state and one day prior to the delivery.
- Straight delivery: Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will pick up items on the pick up date and time agreed upon reservation. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will also drop off your items at the drop off location on the agreed drop off date window. The entire long distance tractor trailer/straight truck is reserved for you, one customer.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not responsible for any delays caused by road closures, unexpected traffic jams, accidents or any law enforcement stops during your long distance move which may impact your drop off date and time.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will refund $50 per day for any long distance delays after the delivery window if missed due to mechanical failure or poor logistics planning.
- Shuttle truck transfer may be required if a 53 foot truck is not able to fit at the delivery address and will be included at no additional cost. The customer is obligated to inform Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC one day before the pick up and drop off if the street can fit a 53 foot truck so Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC can organize shuttle truck transfer if required.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has the right to place your items in a storage space and re-deliver the items at the first available date if nobody is present at the delivery point within the guaranteed window of delivery. The additional re-delivery and storage space fees will occur.
- At the time of the pick up the customer should inform Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC of the first available delivery date to accept the shipment at the delivery address. If a customer wishes to change the FADD after the pick up is done additional fees may occur to cover the loss of the logistics planning or re-delivery and storage.
- Insurance coverage for long distance moves are outlined under Valuation Coverage for Your Belongings terms and conditions.
9. Storage Services
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC provide the following storage options:
- a) Warehouse Storage: All items to be stored in Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC warehouse storage facility will be wrapped at the pickup location and will be transported to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC secure storage facility where items will be placed on pallets and additionally wrapped and organized in the facility. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC storage facilities are private and secure with 24 hours video security surveillance. Customer visits to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC secure storage facility are restricted to no storage visits.
- b) Individual Storage Unit: All items to be stored in a dedicated storage unit with ability for storage visits.
- Payment for Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC storage is due monthly and fees applied for the month ahead. Only credit card payment for storage services will be taken via the Secure Payment for Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC payment link which is sent monthly.
- Storage monthly fees are predetermined by the size of the shipment. Calculated per cubic feet plus tax per month. The rate per cubic foot for storage is a fixed rate at the day of booking and signing storage agreement. The rate is subject to change without notice after 6 months of storage.
- Unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking storage monthly rates are not prorated. Payment for the full month is required.
- Storage visits are only applicable to individual unit storage units and must be scheduled at least 2 days prior to the desired date for the visit in writing to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC.
- Storage visits cannot be scheduled between the 26th of every month through to the 3rd of the following month.
- Storage visit cost is $75.00 for the 1st hour and every additional 30 minutes $50.00.
- Storage visits to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC storage facility must be scheduled at least 2 days prior to the desired date for the visit in writing to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC and are only applicable to move out requests.
- Moving out of storage can be scheduled with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC with a 3 business day notice prior to move out date.
- The Move in to storage fee does not include the storage monthly fee, storage visit nor the move out fee.
- Self move out needs to be scheduled at least 3 business days prior to move. If a customer completes a self move out of any Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC storage facility warehouse or individual unit the customer will incur a self move out fee, which will be equal to the cost of a full storage monthly fee prior to pick up.
- A customer can nominate a 3rd party carrier to pick up their items from storage at the additional fee of a full month’s storage fee prior to pick up.
- For emergency storage services Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will store items free of charge for 7 days unless otherwise stated in the agreement made at the time of booking.
- For emergency storage services that are longer than 7 days, charges apply from the date pick up was completed.
- In the scenario where monthly storage payments are not collected for 3 months Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has the right to place your items on auction and/or dispose the items to cover loss. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be held liable for any damages or claims, if this action takes place.
10. Packing and Unpacking
- Transportation of breakables without proper or recommended containers: Unpacked items of a fragile or breakable nature include, but are not limited to, the following: Waterbed mattresses, a glass of any kind, lamps, lampshades-pictures, mirrors, marble, granite, stone, pottery, LCD or plasma TV’s and artwork of any kind. They MUST be packed in a proper box. Damage claims for such, will not be honoured, unless items are packed or crated in the recommended container by the Carrier. Shipper accepts responsibility for any item that is placed onto our trucks without the proper packaging. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will always recommend proper containers for such items.
- Full packing and unpacking services performed by Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will be completed if requested by the customer at an additional service fee. Last minute packing requests may not be serviced.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will provide packing paper, boxes and packing supplies if packing service has been requested at the time of booking to complete the packing service packing supplies are included in the packing service fee.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not provide bubble wrap for any items unless requested by the customer at the time of booking.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not organize the items in the boxes while packing unless requested by the customer at the time of booking. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will pack items in accordance with the room they are and the type of item they belong to. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will randomly and safely pack items but will not separate the content of drawers that need to be packed among the boxes. The packing will be done in the order that is most effective for an efficient and safe operation. It is the responsibility of the customer to organize their items before Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC commences the packing service.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not responsible for additional packing of boxes if the number of boxes is not enough which was agreed upon booking by the customer, unless the customer agrees to the additional fees that are predetermined for any additional packing at the time of booking.
- If the customer has requested unpacking services Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will unpack the boxes and dispose of the cardboard boxes and packing materials used at the time of packing.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will unpack the items at the designated place upon customer instruction but will not organize the content of boxes as customer desires nor in a stylish/designer manner.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will safely and efficiently unpack china and kitchen box content but will not organize china and breakables in a matching grouping or stylish/designer manner.
11. Plastic Moving Totes/Bins for Hire
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC offers plastic moving totes for hire for an additional fee.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will drop off the hired plastic moving totes to the customer nominated location for packing use.
- The customer has a maximum of 5 days post their move in date to their drop off location to return all hired Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC plastic moving totes clean and in the same condition which they received them. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will collect the plastic moving totes from the nominated location post move.
- If a Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC plastic moving tote is damaged or missing the replacement fee per plastic moving tote is $50.
12. Moving Supplies to purchase
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC offers moving supplies such as boxes, packing paper and tape for purchase in moving bundles designed for home sizes and customer needs.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC does not sell individual moving supplies per unit, unless a customer has already purchased a moving bundle and required some additional add ons.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC offers moving supplies in bundles that can be purchased during the booking process or prior to the move day. A minimum of 3 business days prior to the move day are required to purchase moving supplies for delivery.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will deliver the purchased moving supplies to the nominated location.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC does not offer refunds or returns on sold moving supply goods, used or unused.
13. TVs and Electronics
- Appliances and other electronic devices: Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be held liable for any internal components of an appliance and/or electronic device. When moving appliances & electronics it can be necessary to tilt or turn these in a position that is other than upright. Doing this can cause loose components that are inside to come loose. Also, vibrations in the truck can also cause components that may have already been loose to come apart. Therefore, Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC, does not warranty the internal components of any appliance or electronic device.
- The customer is required to turn on their TV prior to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC packing the TV into a TV box, both the Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC foreman and customer are to acknowledge on the signed bill of lading that the TV works or does not work at the pickup and drop off location. If the TV does not work at the pick up location Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not held responsible for any damages or claims.
- If the TV does work at the pick up location and does not work at the drop off location and no external damage is visible Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not held responsible for any damages or claims.
- If the TV does work at the pick up location and does not work at the drop off location and external damage visible Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will process the damages and claim for the customer.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be responsible for damages to the TV if packed by a customer in their own box prior to the crew’s arrival.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will unmount the TV if agreed at the time when the customer is booking their move free of charge. If Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC are required to unmount a TV that was not outlined in the inventory list when the customer was booking their move, a dismount fee may apply.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will mount the TV on the wall of the drop off location if it was agreed at the time of booking for an additional handling fee.
- For TV mounting & and any other wall installations it is the customers responsibility to provide a minimum of 24 hours notice to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC to ensure the correct team and tools are onsite for the installation. If the customer does not receive a minimum of 24 hours notice, Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC deserves a right not to do any wall installation. If Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has the correct tools and team to complete the installation on late notice an additional fee will apply.
- When moving any appliances, Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not responsible for disconnecting the electricity and will not be responsible for disassembly/assembly of any appliances that cannot fit through the door unless previously agreed at the time of booking.
14. Furniture Assembly & Disassembly
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not be held liable to any damages caused when assembling and disassembling furniture. It is at the discretion of Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC to determine if an item requires additional handling fees due to the size and complexity of the requested assembly and disassembly services.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to fully disclose the true nature of the size and complexity of their items. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC has the right to charge additional handling fees or refuse to move an item if on the day of a move, large and complex items are present which were not fully disclosed at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide furniture assembly manuals for any complex or large items.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to contact the manufacturer of an item if it requires specific handling and care for the manufacturer to send their technicians to disassemble the item prior to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC picking up the item to be moved.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC provides a variety of furniture handling services, some of which require special handling that must be communicated prior to the move as they may require an additional fee and resources to complete the move safely.
- Large wall units must be communicated at the time of booking to ensure resources are available to handle such items, an additional handling fee will apply.
- Armoire, china cabinet, pool table, piano, exercise machine and similar oversized items that cannot be moved in one piece due to size or fragile material such as glass or compressed wood require an additional handling fee as they must be disassembled and reassembled.
15. Furniture & Mattress Disposal
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC can perform furniture disposal service at the request of the client to a disposal center if requested on the time of booking for an additional fee.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will inquire additional fees for disposal of the items to a disposal center to cover additional mileage, labor and additional stop as well as the charges required by the disposal center.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC provide plastic cover for mattress disposal
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will dispose of a customer’s items on the curb if previously requested by the client on the time of booking and in accordance with the cities curbside disposal pick up days. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC is not responsible for any fines or penalties of illegally curbside disposal, it is the responsibility of the customer who owns the possessions and requested such services at the time of booking. Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC will not dispose of any items curbside on the day of the day of the move if the customer had not previously requested the service when booking their move, with no exceptions.
16. Client referral program
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC offers a client referral program which awards a referrer with a commission fee on their referrals completed move. The following conditions must be met for the referrer to earn their commission fee:
- The referrers referral must move and complete their paid services with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC. Which means that if you refer a friend and they don’t move with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC you do not earn a referral commission fee. Referral fees are only paid on completed and paid in full moves by Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC
- All referrals must be submitted through the Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC referral program web form. If you referred a friend via email to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC you are entitled to a commission fee. If you referred a friend verbally to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC you are entitled to a commission fee.
- If you qualify for a referral fee, the referral fee will be sent to your nominated digital wallet within 10 days from the date the move has been completed and earned.
- Methods of payment are Zelle, Venmo, Paypal which you will provide on the Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC referral program web form.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC offers a 10% referral commission for local moves on the total and paid invoice
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC offers a 5% referral commission for Long Distance on the total and paid invoice, moves for any state of New York and New Jersey.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC reserved the right to change the commission fee at any time, and or cancel this commission referral program.
- The referred customer does not earn a commission or discount on their own if they are referred to Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC via this program. If the customer quotes a promo code during their booking process they can earn a discount on the move.
17. Customer Privacy
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy applies to Piece of Cake Moving and Storage services and governs data collection and usage at all Piece of Moving and Storage websites, third party lead platforms, emails, phone calls and the physical completion of services.
Collection of Personal Information
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage collects personal information via phone, email, web form or third party lead provider, such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number, bank account information and credit/visa card details. Information collected by Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC is used for the billing and provision of the purchased or related services. Piece of Cake Moving and Storage does not collect any information about your computer hardware and software.
How we use your Personal Information
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC collects and uses your personal information to process service orders and deliver the services requested. It is possible that Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC may also use personal information to inform you of other products or services available from Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC, or its affiliates. Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC may also contact you via email marketing communication, surveys to research your opinions of current services or of potential services.
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as international and long distance moves, providing customer support, processing transactions, providing services, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will provide those companies only the information needed to deliver the service they provide.
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC does collect or use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC may access and/or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal processes served on Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC, including its website; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC or the public.
Personal information collected on this site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Piece of Cake and Storage LLC or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside the country.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information. The main reasons we may collect, use, hold and disclose personal information include:
- Our general business operations and functions, including providing you with our product and services;
- To provide and answer questions about products and services to you and/or your organisation and to send communications when requested;
- To conduct business processing and related functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, clients, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- To update our records to keep your contact details up to date;
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- To comply with our legal or regulatory requirements, or where required by law;
- Conducting business on our website, and improving our websites, and;
- For any other purpose related to or ancillary to any of the above.
Security of your personal information
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage is committed to protecting your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies to help guard against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the information you provide on computer systems in controlled facilities with strictly limited access. This includes your name, address and credit card information. Piece of Cake Moving and Storage uses trusted and large third party technology vendors who use data encryption technology. Credit card and billing information is collected on and stored on our First Data Bank and QuickBooks merchant accounts.
18. Liability waiver during a state of emergency, pandemic or natural disaster
- Under the 2020 COVID 19 New York State Executive Order “Essential Business” Piece of Cake Moving & Storage is an “Essential Business”. We have increased the sanitization of our trucks & equipment to protect our customers. Our essential workers “movers” & “foreman” are also advised under strict company policy to wear face masks & gloves during every customer move. They are also advised to wash their hands frequently and use hand sanitizer gel provided by the company. If they are sick they are advised to stay home until they have made clearance.
- Piece of Cake Moving & Storage will not be held liable for any damages if a customer or member of the community gets sick during the 2020 COVID 19 New York State Executive Order ” Essential Business”. If you decide to move with Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC during the COVID 19 New York State Executive Order “Essential Business” it is at your own risk and acknowledgement of this term, we will not be held liable for any damages, sickness or death for a customer.
19. Disclaimer of warranties: Limitation of Liability
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC is not responsible for delays due to road traffic conditions.
Piece of Cake Moving and Storage LLC is not responsible for a buildings’ time restrictions.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.In no case shall Piece of Cake Moving & Storage LLC, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.