We have received your request
We will be in touch shortly!
The Piece of Cake 5 Star Moving Experience
True to our name we make your move a piece of cake. From the moment we first speak on the phone to the last wave goodbye at your new doorstep we have made sure we have considered every single step, to ensure we deliver you a hassle free moving experience.
1. Obligation-free flat rate moving quote!
Our quoting process is quick, efficient and human. Our experienced Moving Consultants over the phone or via email will run you through a list of questions about your move day, pick up and drop off locations, items and any specific requirements you may have. Your Piece of Cake Moving Consultant will then send to you, your detailed obligation free flat rate moving quote. Our quotes are clear and easy to understand with every charge line item explained. Our flat rate price means that you will have no additional fees or surprises during the day of your move. Check out our full Product & Service Terms and Conditions here for more information.
What you can expect on this call:
- Detailed questions and inventory about the items you are moving
- Move from and move to address – any specific requirements
- Additional services you may be interested in, such as packing, storage or plastic bin rental
- Certificate of Insurance (COI) requirements and building management details. You can find out more information about COI requirements here.
2. Your very own dedicated Piece of Cake Moving Consultant
The Moving Consultant you first talk to will be available to you throughout your entire move.
They will take your calls, emails and answer any questions you may have. They will also share handy moving tips, checklist and provide you with important information before your move day.
They will be ready to take your call on your big day if you have any questions. 24/7/365 available for you.
3. Book your Piece of Cake Move with a $50 dollar deposit
When you decide to book your move we will secure your move date and time with an easy online deposit payment of $50. You will be sent a confirmation that your move is locked in with your move date and time. By paying your deposit you agree to be bound by Piece of Cake Moving & Storage‘s Product and Services Terms & Conditions.
4. Perfect preparation and planning before your move day
1 WEEK BEFORE
We suggest that you begin the packing process asap, one week before the move if you have decided to pack yourself. If you are renting our pink plastic moving bins or have purchased a moving supply bundle from us we will have them delivered to your home a week prior to your move date.
3 DAYS BEFORE
Three days prior to you move your Moving Consultant will be in touch to confirm your move and discuss any adjustments if needed. They will run you through what you can expect on the day and send you our moving day checklist reminder and other tips to help with your preparation.
2 DAYS BEFORE
You are required to pay the remaining amount of your invoice 1 business day prior to your move date. Your invoice will be sent your email address to process payment on our online payment portal. You will be sent a reminder email to pay the outstanding balance leading up to your move date. We will be unable to proceed with your move if payment has not been received. If you are paying in cash or certified bank check on the day of your move you must notify your Moving Consultant before your move day so they can ensure collection is proceeded.
1 DAY BEFORE
Before your move day you will receive a confirmation call of your pickup time arrival.
5. Hassle free move day
- As your moving crew arrives at your pick up address they will give you a text to make you aware of their ETA within your nominated timeframe. On your move day we will need you, or your legal representative to be present to provide your movers access to your pick up location and drop off location. You will need you to be present during the move, unless you have opted for contactless moving services and have signed a waiver. Before your moving crew moves you to the drop off location they will run you through the inventory of your items ( bill of lading) and answer any specific questions you may have.
- You do not have to lift a finger, sit back with a coffee and let us do all the heavy lifting. Once we have all your items packed and safely secured in our truck we will meet you at the drop off address.
- Once we arrive at the drop off address our team will efficiently unpack your items. Before we leave our moving crew will take any excess moving supplies and ensure we have left your new place tidy. Although tips and gratuity are not mandatory it is common in the moving industry to tip between 15-20% for an outstanding service.
- Our Customer Success Team will also reach out after your move has been completed to make sure everything went well and you experienced a piece of cake move.
- If something did not go to plan you can contact our Customer Success Team who will promptly deal with any claims or feedback here
6. Enjoy your new home!
Unpack and enjoy your new home. If you need to move again, let us know and we will give you 10% off your next move for being a loyal customer. If something did not go to plan you can contact our Customer Success Team who will promptly deal with any claims or feedback.